Installation and maintance of the shock absorbing rubber sheets and bricks
Installing the rubber tiles
The rubber cover shall be installed by adhering to concrete substrate, while the appropriate drainage is ensured (a slope of 2-3 % is recommended). The surface to be adhered shall be free from dust, dirt and humidity before installing the rubber cover, as well as after the installation for 24 hours. The concrete substrate shall be even and free from depressions and waves. The concrete substrates that are still fresh and not set are not suitable for adhering.
The adhesive shall be applied intermittently so that the natural and effluent water could be drained. The rubber adhesive shall be applied on the concrete substrate. If the adhesive gets foamed during installation, then it is required to wait until it becomes dry, then the foam part shall be removed. If the entire surface is adhered, then the removal of water is hindered, which could lead to freezing and bumps on the rubbed surface. The coverage of the adhesive distributed by us is 0.33 kg/m2. The load carrying capacity of the installed cover depends entirely on the substructure, the rubber cover do not suffer permanent deformation in case of high load. It is recommended to install our rubber cover products while the ambient temperature is in the range 15-25 °C. It is required to consider the change of volume (± 1,5%) that can occur when the temperature varies during installation.
Cutting of rubber covers
The rubber should be cut with jigsaw using the wavy blades distributed by us, which is suitable for cutting soft material.
A yellow discolouring could appear on the walking surface of the rubber sheets because of strong UV radiation, which is caused by the properties of the adhesive used during manufacture. This yellow discolouring will disappear gradually during the continuous use.
Burrs on the rubber sheet
Some burrs may occur on the lower and upper surfaces of the rubber sheets during manufacture, which do not interfere with the quality or endurance of the rubber sheet, nor the fall protection ability specified by TÜV. The burrs on the upper surface of the rubber sheet wear away after a while during use, or they can be removed before use.
We undertake a 3 years long warranty for our rubber cover products. The warranty is valid only if the product is adhered to solid substrate according to TÜV specifications in compliance with the above installation instructions. (The document verifying the purchase shall be shown when a complaint is submitted).
The warranty is NOT valid in the following cases:
– If the installation and/or the maintenance is not made in a professional manner.
– If wear and tear occurs as a result of environmental effect, or is damaged by insects.
– If the product is damages by inadvertent or intentional action, vandalism, inappropriate use.
– If differences occur in the colour shades of the rubber cover products, which are the results of the recycled base material used for the production.
– Our products made from recycled rubber grinding are not UV resistant, their colour becomes gradually darker upon the action of strong sunshine, but their other properties do not change. (If this is considered a problem, then it is recommended to use our UV resistant EPDM rubber covers, which are coloured in their materiel.)
– The C.S.O. Trading and Rubber Processing Ltd cannot assume responsibility if the rubber sheets are used in an inappropriate manner or used for other purpose than intended.
– The warranty covers only the replacement of the damaged rubber covers. Eventual additional costs (demolition of faulty cover, transporting back, costs of installation of new product, etc.) will not be reimbursed by the C.S.O. Trading and Rubber Processing Ltd.